May 26, 2018
Portable speedy, lossless data compression library
LZO is a data compression library which is suitable for data de-/compression in real-time. This means it favours speed over compression ratio.
LZO implements a number of algorithms with the following features
- Decompression is simple and very fast.
- Requires no memory for decompression.
- Compression is pretty fast.
- Requires 64 kB of memory for compression.
- Allows you to dial up extra compression at a speed cost in the compressor. The speed of the decompressor is not reduced.
- Includes compression levels for generating pre-compressed data which achieve a quite competitive compression ratio.
- There is also a compression level which needs only 8 kB for compression.
- Algorithm is thread safe.
- Algorithm is lossless.