May 26, 2018
Lightweight RDF database
R.V. Guha’s rdfDB. Intended to be a simple, scalable, open-source database for RDF. Written in C and based on top of the Sleepycat Berkeley Database, it supports interrogation via TCP/IP sockets, meaning integration is possible with any programming language.
rdfDB uses a high level SQLish query language. The data is modelled as a directed labelled graph RDF.
The goals of this project are to build a database that is capable of
- Supporting a graph oriented API via a textual query language ala SQL.
- Load/Reload an RDF file from a url into the database
- Scalable to millions of nodes and triples.
- Provide support for RDF Schemas.
- Provide support for some basic forms of inferencing.
- Provide both C and Perl access to the database.
- The Perl philosophy applies Simple things should be simple and complex things should be possible.