May 26, 2018
Personal search and metasearch for the Free Desktop
Pinot is a D-Bus service that crawls, indexes your documents and monitors them for changes, with a GTK-based user interface that enables to query the index built by the service or your favourite Web engine, and display and analyze the results.
- advanced queries probabilistic search, boolean filters, date ranges.
- language detection.
- listing of indexed documents.
- editing of metadata.
- automatic results labeling.
- stored queries.
- results ranking history.
- dynamic document summaries.
- only crawl and index the directories you choose.
- D-Bus interface for easy integration with other applications, eg Deskbar Applet.
- no dependency on GNOME or KDE.
- support for common file types.
- search your desktop and the Web.
- query remote indexes.