May 26, 2018
DJBDNS is a collection of Domain Name System tools. It includes several components
- The dnscache program is a local DNS cache. It accepts recursive DNS queries from local clients such as web browsers. It collects responses from remote DNS servers.
- The tinydns program is a fast, UDP-only DNS server. It makes local DNS information available to the Internet.
- The pickdns program is a load-balancing DNS server. It points clients to a dynamic selection of IP addresses.
- The walldns program is a reverse DNS wall. It provides matching reverse and forward records while hiding local host information.
- The dns library handles outgoing and incoming DNS packets. It can be used by clients such as web browsers to look up host addresses, host names, MX records, etc. It supports asynchronous resolution.
- The dnsfilter program is a parallel IP-address-to-host-name converter.
- The dnsip, dnsipq, dnsname, dnstxt, and dnsmx programs are simple command-line interfaces to DNS.
- The dnsq and dnstrace programs are DNS debugging tools.
Documentation is at the website below, WWW http//cr.yp.to/djbdns.html