May 26, 2018
Multi-player network action game for TCP/IP with 3D graphics
iMaze is a multi-player network action game for TCP/IP with 3D graphics under X11 XView, Motif or Athena. You run through a labyrinth and shoot everything that is round without being hit by other round anythings.
Of course anything round is one of the following
- other players playing over the net
- computer controlled ninjas
- deadly shots except your own
- sophisticated, reliable network protocol, works even with SLIP connections via modem; modular, portable source code
- windows can be freely scaled to avoid speed drawbacks due to poor display performance
- sound and joystick support
- scores; camera mode; labyrinth generator and interactive labyrinth editor
Audio support is somewhat flaky on FreeBSD synchronization problems. It works better with the old Voxware driver than with the current pcm driver.