May 26, 2018
Client/server multiplayer engine for Doom
Odamex is a free and open source port for the classic first-person-shooter Doom. Odamex’s goal is to emulate the feel of and retain many aspects of the original Doom executables while offering a broader expanse of security features, personal configuration, gameplay options, and editing features. Odamex can run on a wide range of operating systems and hardware, so players should be able to play on almost any platform. Features
- The popular ZDoom 1.22 core engine and CSDoom 0.62 core netcode.
- Compatibility with many major operating systems, including Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OSX.
- Core gameplay modeled on the original doom2.exe.
- Streamlined WAD loading, allowing the server and clients to load WAD files on the fly without needing to restart the client or server.
- Compatibility with Boom, MBF and CTF Standard maps.
- Deathmatch, Cooperative, Team Deathmatch and CTF gametypes.
- Jumping, Mouselook and other non-standard features available as server-side options.
- Comprehensive cheat and exploit countermeasures.
- An open source code base licensed under the GPL, available for anyone to examine, compile, or modify to their liking.