May 26, 2018
Aseprite is an open source program to create animated sprites.
Its main features are
- Sprites are composed by layers & frames as separated concepts.
- Supported color modes RGBA, Indexed palettes up to 256 colors, and Grayscale.
- Load/save sequence of PNG files and GIF animations and FLC, FLI, JPG, BMP, PCX, TGA.
- Export/import animations to/from Sprite Sheets.
- Tiled drawing mode, useful to draw patterns and textures.
- Undo/Redo for every operation.
- Real-time animation preview.
- Multiple editors support.
- Pixel-art specific tools like filled Contour, Polygon, Shading mode, etc.
- Onion skinning