May 26, 2018
GNU Flash movie player
Gnash is a GNU Flash movie player. Previously, it was only possible to play flash movies with proprietary software. While there are some other free flash players, none support anything beyond SWF v4. Gnash is based on GameSWF, and supports many SWF v7 features.
- Gnash can run standalone to play flash movies.
- Gnash can also run as a plugin from within most Mozilla derived browsers, such as Firefox. Gnash also has support for Konqueror.
- SWF v7+ compliant Gnash can play many current flash movies.
- Gnash supports the viewing of streaming video from popular video sharing sites like Lulu.tv or YouTube.com.
- Gnash also supports an XML based message system as documented in the Flash Format specification.
- High Quality Output Gnash uses OpenGL for rendering the graphics on the desktop, and AntiGrain AGG for embedded framebuffer only devices.
- Gnash pays extra attention to all network connections, and allows the user to control access.