May 26, 2018
GNU Triangulated Surface Library
GTS stands for the GNU Triangulated Surface Library. It is an Open Source Free Software Library intended to provide a set of useful functions to deal with 3D surfaces meshed with interconnected triangles.
A brief summary of its main features
- Simple object-oriented structure giving easy access to topological properties.
- 2D dynamic Delaunay and constrained Delaunay triangulations.
- Robust geometric predicates orientation, in circle using fast adaptive floating point arithmetic.
- Robust set operations on surfaces union, intersection, difference.
- Surface refinement and coarsening multiresolution models.
- Dynamic view-independent continuous level-of-detail.
- Preliminary support for view-dependent level-of-detail.
- Bounding-boxes trees and Kd-trees for efficient point location and collision/intersection detection.
- Graph operations traversal, graph partitioning.
- Metric operations area, volume, curvature ….
- Triangle strips generation for fast rendering.