May 26, 2018
EXIF JPEG header manipulation tool
Jhead is a command line driven program for manipulating the non-image parts of Exif flavour JPEG files that most digital cameras produce.
It has the following features
- Extracting camera settings from Exif image files
- Able to set and/or adjust the Exif time field
- Manipulation extract, replace, regenerate of Exif integral thumbnails
- Transplant Exif image header from one JPEG to another
- Edit JPEG comment fields
- Automatically rotate images upright using jpegtran according to “orientation” tag.
- Manage running programs on large batches of Jpegs and restoring Exif header information afterwards.
- Display embedded GPS info if present