May 26, 2018
Physically based and unbiased rendering system
LuxRender is a physically based and unbiased rendering engine. Based on state of the art algorithms, LuxRender simulates the flow of light according to physical equations, thus producing realistic images of photographic quality. Some of the main features of LuxRender are
- biased and unbiased rendering Users can choose between physical accuracy unbiased and speed biased;
- full spectral rendering Instead of the RGB colour spectrum, full spectra are used for internal calculations;
- hierarchical procedural and image based texture system Procedural and image based textures can be mixed in various ways, making it possible to create complex materials;
- displacement mapping and subdivision Based on procedural or image textures, object surfaces can be transformed;
- network and co-operative rendering Rendering time can be reduced by combining the processing power of multiple computers;
- perspective including shift lens, orthographic, and environment cameras;
- HDR output Render output can be saved in various file formats, including .png, .tga, and .exr.
Fully functional exporters are available for Blender and Maya, while exporters for a growing number of 3D applications are under development.