May 26, 2018
Python package for creating encapsulated PostScript figures
PyX is a Python package for the creation of encapsulated PostScript figures. It provides both an abstraction of PostScript and a TeX/LaTeX interface. Complex tasks like 2d and 3d plots in publication-ready quality are built out of these primitives.
- PostScript output for device independent, free scalable figures
- seamless TeX/LaTeX integration
- full access to PostScript features like paths, linestyles, fill patterns, transformations, clipping, etc.
- advanced geometric operations on paths like intersections, transformations, splitting, etc.
- sophisticated graph generation modular design, pluggable axes, axes partitioning based on rational number arithmetics, flexible graph styles, etc.