May 26, 2018
Compiler for the functional language Haskell
The Glasgow Haskell Compiler is a state-of-the-art, open source, compiler and interactive environment for the functional language Haskell. Highlights
- Supports the entire Haskell 2010 language plus a wide variety of extensions.
- Has particularly good support for concurrency and parallelism, including support for Software Transactional Memory STM.
- Generates fast code, particularly for concurrent programs.
- Works on several platforms including FreeBSD, Windows, Mac, Linux, most varieties of Unix, and several different processor architectures.
- Has extensive optimisation capabilities, including inter-module optimisation.
- Compiles Haskell code either directly to native code or using LLVM as a back-end. It can also generate C code as an intermediate target for porting to new platforms. The interactive environment compiles Haskell to bytecode, and supports execution of mixed bytecode/compiled programs.
- Profiling is supported, both by time/allocation and various kinds of heap profiling.
- Comes with several libraries, and thousands more are available on Hackage.