May 26, 2018
Tcl extension module for Perl5
The Tcl extension module gives access to the Tcl library with functionality and interface similar to the C functions of Tcl. In other words, you can
- Create Tcl interpreters The Tcl interpreters so created are Perl objects whose destructors delete the interpreters cleanly when appropriate.
- Execute Tcl code in an interpreter The code can come from strings, files or Perl filehandles.
- Bind in new Tcl procedures The new procedures can be either C code with addresses presumably obtained using dl_open and dl_find_symbol or Perl subroutines by name, reference or as anonymous subs. The optional deleteProc callback in the latter case is another perl subroutine which is called when the command is explicitly deleted by name or else when the destructor for the interpreter object is explicitly or implicitly called.
- Manipulate the result field of a Tcl interpreter
- Set and get values of variables in a Tcl interpreter
- Tie perl variables to variables in a Tcl interpreter The variables can be either scalars or hashes.
Github repository is at https//github.com/gisle/tcl.pm