May 26, 2018
Replacement for getopt(1) that supports GNU-style long options
Rewrite of getopt1 with the following features
- It can do anything that the GNU getopt3 routines can do.
- It can cope with spaces and shell metacharacters within arguments.
- It can parse long parameters.
- It can shuffle parameters, so you can mix options and other parameters on the command-line.
- It can be easily identified as an enhanced getopt1 from within shell scripts.
- It can report parse errors as coming from the shell script.
- It compiles cleanly with both libc-5 and glibc-2.