May 26, 2018
Versatile DVD ripper and video transcoder
HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder with rich selection of features. Both GUI and command-line only versions are available.
- Most common multimedia files that libavformat and libavcodec support
- Any DVD or Bluray-like source which is NOT copy-protected removal of copy protection is not supported
- File container format MP4 M4V and MKV
- Video H.264 x264, H.265 x265, MPEG-2/MPEG-4 ffmpeg, or Theora libtheora
- Audio AAC, CoreAudio AAC/HE-AAC OS X only, MP3, FLAC, AC3, or Vorbis; AC-3, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC, and MP3 pass-through
HandBrake also includes support for chapters, subtitles, advanced video filters, and more. It is also useful for making videos compatible with portable video devices such as the Apple iPod/iPhone.