May 26, 2018
Portable library for handling Apple’s QuickTime(TM) files
OpenQuicktime aims to be a portable library for handling Apple’s QuickTimeTM popular media files on Unix-like environments. This project was firstly designed to allow the porting of the 3ivx codec on any Unix, but is now a completely separate and fully Open Source project. Details
- OpenQuicktime library contains no embedded codecs but has a plugin system to dynamically load audio and video codecs.
- OpenQuicktime contains no colorspace conversion algorithm.
- OpenQuicktime is fully portable and fully configurable with all the autoconfigure and automake magic we have been able to add.
- OpenQuicktime supports compressed headers decoding only for the moment.
- OpenQuicktime supports Quicktime Sound System version 2.
- OpenQuicktime can support any inputs and outputs file, HTTP, FTP, RTP, …, in fact the functions used to read, write and seek are overloadable.
- OpenQuicktime has an overloadable plugin mechanism. This is a complex feature which enables any application to use its own codecs instead of the OpenQuicktime ones.