May 26, 2018
Privacy enhanced instant messenger
unMessage is a peer-to-peer instant messaging application designed to enhance privacy and anonymity.
- Transport makes use of Twisted, Tor Onion Services and txtorcon
- Encryption is performed using the Double Ratchet Algorithm implemented in pyaxo using PyNaCl
- Authentication makes use of the Socialist Millionaire Protocol implemented in Cryptully
- Transport metadata is minimized by Tor and application metadata by the unMessage protocol
- User interfaces are created with Tkinter graphical and curses command-line