May 26, 2018
Drill-down view for Icinga web 2 based on custom variables
The Cube is a tiny but useful Icinga Web 2 module. It currently shows host statistics total count, health grouped by various custom variables in multiple dimensions.
It will be your new best friend in case you are running a large environment and want to get a quick answers to questions like
- Which project uses how many servers per environment at which location/site?
- Who occupies most servers?
- How many of those are used in production?
- Which project has only development and test boxes?
- Which operating system is used for which project and in which environment?
- Do we still have Debian Lenny?
- Which projects are to blame for this?
- Do we have applications where the operating systems used differ in staging and production?
- Which project uses which operating system version for which application
- Which projects have homogeneous environments?
- Which projects are at a consistent patch level?
- How many RHEL 6 variants 6.1, 6.2, 6.3… do we use?
- Who is running the oldest ones? In production?
- Which projects are still using physical servers in which environment?