May 26, 2018
Python SNMP module based on net-snmp
yapsnmp is a Python SNMP module based on the net-snmp library. It’s composed of a low level interface to the library, created using SWIG, and a higher level python module removing all the complexity out of dealing with SNMP.
- Full MIB parsing, enabling you to use named OIDs as well as the numeric representations;
- Support for SNMP version 1 and 2c with 3 coming;
- Supports GET, GETNEXT, GETBULK, SET and TRAPv2 INFORM to come, as well as convenient “walk” and “table extraction” functions;
- Uses the Single Session API and appropriate Python interpreter releases, rendering the module thread safe;
- Offers a very high level interface, allowing easy SNMP integration into your code.