May 26, 2018
Ceph is a distributed object store and file system designed to provide excellent performance, reliability and scalability.
- Object Storage Ceph provides seamless access to objects using native language bindings or radosgw, a REST interface for applications written with S3 and Swift.
- Block Storage Ceph’s RADOS Block Device RBD provides access to block device images that are striped and replicated across the entire storage cluster.
- File System Ceph provides a POSIX-compliant network file system aiming for large data storage, high performance, and maximum compatibility with legacy applications.
This FreeBSD build will build most of the tools in Ceph
- Mon, OSD, rados, RadosGW, rbd
- init-ceph, and etc/rc.d/ceph on top of that
- ceph-disk prepare, activate With these tools one can build a multi server, multi osd cluster fully running on FreeBSD and do some testing…