May 26, 2018
KAME DHCP6 client, server, and relay
WIDE-DHCPv6 is an open-source implementation of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 DHCPv6, originally developed by the KAME project.
The implementation mainly conforms to the following standards
- RFC3315 Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 DHCPv6
- RFC3319 DHCPv6 Options for Session Initiation Protocol SIP Servers
- RFC3633 IPv6 Prefix Options for DHCP
- RFC3646 DNS Configuration options for DHCPv6
- RFC3898 Network Information Service NIS Configuration Options for DHCPv6
- RFC4075 Simple Network Time Protocol SNTP Configuration Option for DHCPv6
- RFC4242 Information Refresh Time Option for DHCPv6
- RFC4280 DHCP Options for Broadcast and Multicast Control Servers
Note that the current implementation does not support temporary IPv6 address allocation by DHCPv6, and there is no plan to implement that feature at the moment.