May 26, 2018
Enhanced version of python-jsonrpc for use with Bitcoin
AuthServiceProxy is an improved version of python-jsonrpc.
It includes the following generic improvements
- HTTP connections persist for the life of the AuthServiceProxy object
- sends protocol ‘version’, per JSON-RPC 1.1
- sends proper, incrementing ‘id’
- uses standard Python json lib
- can optionally log all RPC calls and results
- JSON-2.0 batch support
It also includes the following bitcoin-specific details
- sends Basic HTTP authentication headers
- parses all JSON numbers that look like floats as Decimal, and serializes Decimal values to JSON-RPC connections.