May 26, 2018
HTTP library with thread-safe connection pooling, file post, and more
urllib3 is a powerful, sanity-friendly HTTP client for Python. Much of the Python ecosystem already uses urllib3 and you should too. urllib3 brings many critical features that are missing from the Python standard libraries
- Thread safety.
- Connection pooling.
- Client-side SSL/TLS verification.
- File uploads with multipart encoding.
- Helpers for retrying requests and dealing with HTTP redirects.
- Support for gzip and deflate encoding.
- Proxy support for HTTP and SOCKS.
- 100 test coverage.