May 26, 2018
Tool to wake up Wake-On-LAN compliant computers
wol implements Wake-On-LAN functionality in a small program. It wakes up hardware that is Magic Packet compliant.
Consider you have a sleeping or turned-off computer and you want to wake it up remotely. Just type
and the host wakes up OK, it will boot ;-.
- Wakes up various NIC’s tested
- 3COM 3C905c
- Intel EtherExpress Pro 100
- Linksys Etherfast LNE100TX
- Realtek LFE8139
- LevelOne FNC-0107TX
- Wake up from file same as /etc/ethers and an enhanced format
- Sleeping between two wake ups measured in milliseconds