May 26, 2018
PostScript printer filter supporting a bidirectional serial channel
lprps is a collection of programs for using lpr with a PostScript printer connected by a bidirectional serial channel.
It contains the following programs
lprps handles communication with the printer psif allows separate filters to be used for text and PostScript textps simple text to PostScript filter psrev PostScript page reversal filter psof banner filter
Some features are
- Deals intelligently with output generated by the printer printer errors such as ``out of paper’’ are logged using syslog.
- Updates status file displayed by lpq with printer’s current status.
- Performs printer accounting.
- Ensures that the printer is ready to receive the job.
- Determines whether file is PostScript or text and prints it appropriately
- Can automatically perform page reversal for the benefit of printers that stack face-up.