May 26, 2018
XML Based Presentations
AxPoint is a Perl module that uses the PDFLib module and the pdflib library to generate PDF based presentations from XML data sources. It has the following features
- Ability to create slideshows with your choice of background image
- Slideshows break down into slidesets, or not at your choice.
- Slides can show bullet points, source code fixed font, or images.
- Slides can have transition effects dissolve, box, wipe, etc
- All elements of a slide can transition in too.
- Text on slides supports bold, italics, and colours. Colours can be any one of the 16 HTML colours, or defined as hex RGB values.
- Output uses the standard XMLSAXWriter consumer classes, allowing you to output direct to a file, or to a string, or however you need to. Very useful for dynamic web based presentations.
- PDF bookmarks allow direct navigation to any slide.
- Using PDF allows you to go “Full Screen”, even on Linux
- Image formats supported include GIF, JPEG, PNG and TIFF