May 26, 2018
GSD (General Simulation Data) file format for Python
A library to read and write GSD General Simulation Data file format.
The package also contains a python module that reads and writes hoomd schema gsd files with an easy to use syntax.
- Efficiently store many frames of data from simulation runs.
- High performance file read and write.
- Support arbitrary chunks of data in each frame position, orientation, type, etc….
- Append frames to an existing file with a monotonically increasing frame number.
- Resilient to job kills.
- Variable number of named chunks in each frame.
- Variable size of chunks in each frame.
- Each chunk identifies data type.
- Common use cases NxM arrays in double, float, int, char types.
- Generic use case binary blob of N bytes.
- Easy to integrate into other tools with python, or a C API < 1k lines.
- Fast random access to frames.