May 26, 2018
Packet filter and firewall log analyzer
fwlogwatch is a packet filter and firewall log analyzer
- Can detect and process log entries in the following formats
- Linux ipchains, Linux netfilter/iptables, Solaris/BSD/Irix/HP-UX ipfilter, BSD ipfw, Cisco IOS, Cisco PIX / FWSM, NetScreen, Windows XP firewall, Elsa Lancom router, Snort IDS
- Entries can be parsed from single, multiple and combined log files, the parsers to be used can be selected.
- Gzip-compressed logs are supported transparently.
- Can separate recent from old entries and detects timewarps in log files.
- Can recognize ‘last message repeated’ entries concerning the firewall.
- Integrated resolver for protocols, services and host names.
- Can do lookups in the whois database.
- Own DNS and whois information cache for faster lookups.
- Hosts, networks, ports, chains and branches targets can be selected or excluded as needed.
- Support for internationalization available in english, german, portuguese, simplified and traditional chinese, swedish and japanese.