May 26, 2018
Add/extend SSL support for common perl modules
Some commonly used Perl modules don’t have SSL support at all, even if the protocol supports it. Others have SSL support, but most of them don’t do proper checking of the server’s certificate.
The NetSSLGlue* modules try to add SSL support or proper certificate checking to these modules. Currently support for the following modules is available
- NetSMTP - add SSL from beginning or using STARTTLS
- NetPOP3 - add SSL from beginning or using STLS
- NetFTP - add SSL and IPv6 support to NetFTP
- NetLDAP - add proper certificate checking
- LWP - add proper certificate checking
There is also a NetSSLGlueSocket package which combines SSL and non-SSL and IPv6 capabilities to make it easier to enhance modules based on IOSocketINET.