May 26, 2018
PEFS kernel level stacked cryptographic filesystem
PEFS is a kernel level stacked cryptographic filesystem for FreeBSD.
- Transparently runs on top of existing file systems
- Random per file tweak value for encryption
- Stores metadata only in encrypted file name
- Arbitrary number of keys per file system, mixing keys in same directory and key chains
- Modern cryptographic algorithms AES and Camellia in XTS mode, PKCS#5v2 and HKDF for key generation.
WWW https//github.com/glk/pefs WWW http//wiki.freebsd.org/PEFS