May 26, 2018
Powerful syslogd replacement
syslog-ng is an enhanced log daemon, supporting a wide range of input and output methods syslog, unstructured text, message queues, databases SQL and NoSQL alike and more.
- receive and send RFC3164 and RFC5424 style syslog messages
- work with any kind of unstructured data
- receive and send JSON formatted messages
- classify and structure logs with builtin parsers csv-parser, db-parser, …
- normalize, crunch and process logs as they flow through the system
- hand on messages for further processing using message queues like AMQP, files or databases like PostgreSQL or MongoDB.
The official home page of syslog-ng is WWW http//www.balabit.com/network-security/syslog-ng/