May 26, 2018
U-Boot loader for OrangePi Zero.
To install this bootloader on an sdcard just do dd if=/usr/local/share/u-boot/u-boot-orangepi-zero/u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=/path/to/sdcarddevice bs=1k seek=8 conv=notrunc,sync
This version is patched so that
- ELF and API features are enabled.
- The default environment is trimmed to just what’s needed to boot.
- The saveenv command writes to the file u-boot.env on the FAT partition.
- The DTB file name is chosen based on the board model and passed to ubldr.bin using the fdtfile env variable. ubldr.bin loads the DTB from /boot/dtb/ on the FreeBSD partition.
- By default, it loads PIE ubldr.bin from file ubldr.bin on the FAT partition to address 0x42000000, and launches it.
For information about running FreeBSD on Allwinner boards, see https//wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/Allwinner
For general information about U-Boot see WWW http//www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot