May 26, 2018
Yet another download tool
aria2 is a lightweight multi-protocol & multi-source command-line download utility. It supports HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, BitTorrent and Metalink. aria2 can be manipulated via built-in JSON-RPC and XML-RPC interfaces. Its features include
- Multi-Connection Download. aria2 can download a file from multiple sources/protocols and tries to utilize your maximum download bandwidth. Really speeds up your download experience.
- Lightweight. aria2 doesn’t require much memory and CPU time. The physical memory usage is typically 4MiB normal HTTP/FTP downloads to 9MiB BitTorrent downloads. CPU usage in BitTorrent with download speed of 2.8MiB/sec is around 6.
- Fully Featured BitTorrent Client. All features you want in BitTorrent client are available DHT, PEX, Encryption, Magnet URI, Web-Seeding, Selective Downloads and Local Peer Discovery.
- Metalink Enabled. aria2 supports The Metalink Download Description Format aka Metalink v4, Metalink version 3 and Metalink/HTTP. Metalink offers the file verification, HTTP/FTP/BitTorrent integration and the various configurations for language, location, OS, etc.
- Remote Control. aria2 supports RPC interface to control the aria2 process. The supported interfaces are JSON-RPC over HTTP and WebSocket and XML-RPC.