May 26, 2018
Small, fast, web development framework by the Pylons community
Pyramid is a small, fast, down-to-earth Python web application development framework. It is developed as part of the Pylons Project.
The major feature additions in Pyramid 1.0 are
- New name and branding association with the Pylons Project.
- BFG conversion script
- Paster template improvements
- Terminology changes
- Better platform compatibility and support
- Direct built-in support for the Mako templating language.
- Built-in support for sessions.
- Updated URL dispatch features
- Better imperative extensibility
- ZCML externalized
- Better support for global template variables during rendering
- View mappers
- Testing system improvements
- Authentication support improvements
- Documentation improvements