- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
DOS/Mac to Unix and vice versa text file format converter
This is an update of Benjamin Lin’s implementations of dos2unix and unix2dos. Benjamin Lin’s implementations of dos2unix and unix2dos were distributed via SunSITE.unc.edu later MetaLab.unc.edu, now ibiblio and became part of several Linux distributions such as RedHat, Suse, Gentoo, and others. This update includes all RedHat patches and fixes several other problems. Internationalization has been added and ports to DOS, Windows, Cygwin and OS/2 Warp have been made.
- Native language support.
- Automatically skips binary and non-regular files.
- In-place, paired, or stdio mode conversion.
- Keep original file dates option.
- 7-bit and iso conversion modes like SunOS dos2unix.
- Conversion of Unicode UTF-16 files.
- Handles Unicode Byte Order Mark BOM.
- Display file information.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zbase32 - Base32 Encoder/Decoder
- Ytnef - Unpack data in MS Outlook TNEF format
- Yj - Convert between YAML, TOML, JSON, and HCL
- Yj-bruceadams - Command line tool that converts YAML to JSON
- Xml2c - Convert an XML file into C struct/string declarations
- Xdeview - X11 program for uu/xx/Base64/BinHex/yEnc de-/encoding
- Wkhtmltopdf - Convert HTML (or live webpages) to PDF or image
- Uulib - Library for uu/xx/Base64/BinHex/yEnc de-/encoding
- Uudeview - Program for uu/xx/Base64/BinHex/yEnc de-/encoding
- Unix2dos - Convert ASCII newlines between CR/LF and LF
- Tuc - Text to Unix Conversion
- Trans - Character encoding converter generator
- Tnef - Unpack data in MS Outlook TNEF format
- Ta2as - TASM to AT&T asm syntax converter (GNU AS)
- Showkey - Display cooked key sequences (keycap-to-keystrokes mappings)