- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Tools for the conversion to and from UTF-8 Unicode encoding
Tools for the conversion to and from UTF-8 Unicode encoding. Note that RFC-2277 mandates that all “protocols” MUST handle UTF-8 properly.
- utrans converts text files created using any 8-bit character map into UTF-8; - uhtrans converts UTF-8 files into 7-bit ASCII with anything else formatted as an HTML-style tags, e.g. Ӓ decimal; - hutrans converts 7-bit ASCII files with HTML-style tags, to UTF-8, thus complementing the functionality of hutrans; - ptrans converts UTF-8 files into 8-bit text using any 8-bit character map, thus complementing utrans.
Additionally, tuc is installed if not found. Tuc converts text files between the DOS/Windows and the Unix formats.
This port depends on ports/converters/libutf-8.
Further details RFC 2277, and RFC 2279.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zbase32 - Base32 Encoder/Decoder
- Ytnef - Unpack data in MS Outlook TNEF format
- Yj - Convert between YAML, TOML, JSON, and HCL
- Yj-bruceadams - Command line tool that converts YAML to JSON
- Xml2c - Convert an XML file into C struct/string declarations
- Xdeview - X11 program for uu/xx/Base64/BinHex/yEnc de-/encoding
- Wkhtmltopdf - Convert HTML (or live webpages) to PDF or image
- Uulib - Library for uu/xx/Base64/BinHex/yEnc de-/encoding
- Uudeview - Program for uu/xx/Base64/BinHex/yEnc de-/encoding
- Unix2dos - Convert ASCII newlines between CR/LF and LF
- Tuc - Text to Unix Conversion
- Trans - Character encoding converter generator
- Tnef - Unpack data in MS Outlook TNEF format
- Ta2as - TASM to AT&T asm syntax converter (GNU AS)
- Showkey - Display cooked key sequences (keycap-to-keystrokes mappings)