- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Update Class::DBI data using CGI::Untaint
Lots of times, ClassDBI is used in web-based applications. In fact, coupled with a templating system that allows you to pass objects, such as TemplateToolkit, ClassDBI is very much your friend for these.
And, as we all know, one of the most irritating things about writing web-based applications is the monotony of writing much of the same stuff over and over again. And, where there’s monotony there’s a tendency to skip over stuff that we all know is really important, but is a pain to write - like Taint Checking and sensible input validation. Especially as we can still show a ‘working’ application without it!. So, we now have CGIUntaint to take care of a lot of that for us.
It so happens that CGIUntaint also plays well with ClassDBI. All you need to do is to ‘use ClassDBIFromCGI’ in your class or in your local ClassDBI subclass that all your other classes inherit from. You do do that, don’t you?.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zodb3 - Z - Object Database for python
- Zodb - Python object-oriented database
- Zabbix22-libzbxpgsql - Zabbix agent module for comprehensive monitoring of PostgreSQL servers
- Xtrabackup8 - Open-source backup tool for InnoDB and XtraDB
- Xtrabackup - OpenSource version of InnoDB backup with support of Percona extensions
- Xrootd - Framework for fast, low latency, scalable data access
- Xls2txt - Utilities to convert spreadsheet files to text and csv formats
- Xapian-core12 - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-core10 - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-core - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-bindings12 - Bindings allowing Xapian to be used from various programming languages
- Xapian-bindings - Bindings allowing Xapian to be used from various programming languages
- Wfb2sql - CIA World Fact Book to SQL Conversion Utility
- Webdis - HTTP interface for Redis
- Vsqlite - Well designed and portable SQLite3 Wrapper for C++