- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Manage a file of DSNs, for both testing and production
DBIxAdminDSNManager manages a file of DSNs, for both testing and production.
The INI-style format was selected, rather than, say, using an SQLite database, so that casual users could edit the file without needing to know SQL and without having to install the command line program sqlite3.
Each DSN is normally for something requiring manual preparation, such as creating the database named in the DSN.
In the case of SQLite, etc, where manual intervention is not required, you can still put the DSN in dsn.ini.
One major use of this module is to avoid environment variable overload, since it is common to test Perl modules by setting the env vars $DBI_DSN, $DBI_USER and $DBI_PASS.
But then the problem becomes What do you do when you want to run tests against a set of databases servers? Some modules define sets of env vars, one set per database server, with awkward and hard-to-guess names. This is messy and obscure.
DBIxAdminDSNManager is a solution to this problem.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zodb3 - Z - Object Database for python
- Zodb - Python object-oriented database
- Zabbix22-libzbxpgsql - Zabbix agent module for comprehensive monitoring of PostgreSQL servers
- Xtrabackup8 - Open-source backup tool for InnoDB and XtraDB
- Xtrabackup - OpenSource version of InnoDB backup with support of Percona extensions
- Xrootd - Framework for fast, low latency, scalable data access
- Xls2txt - Utilities to convert spreadsheet files to text and csv formats
- Xapian-core12 - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-core10 - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-core - Probabilistic text search database engine
- Xapian-bindings12 - Bindings allowing Xapian to be used from various programming languages
- Xapian-bindings - Bindings allowing Xapian to be used from various programming languages
- Wfb2sql - CIA World Fact Book to SQL Conversion Utility
- Webdis - HTTP interface for Redis
- Vsqlite - Well designed and portable SQLite3 Wrapper for C++