- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Servers for accessing CD-ROM books via TCP/IP
This EBNETD distribution contains three server commands ebnetd, ndtpd and ebhttpd. They are servers for accessing CD-ROM book on remote host via TCP/IP.
ebnetd ebnetd is a server of EBNET protocol which is designed to communicate with EB Library. For more details about EB Library.
ndtpd ndtpd is an NDTP Network Dictionary Transfer Protocol server. The first implementation of the NDTP esrver is `dserver’. ndtpd has upper compatibility with dserver-2.2.
ebhttpd ebhttpd is a WWW World Wide Web server. It supprts HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1 Hypertext Transfer Protocol version 1.0 and 1.1.
The servers support CD-ROM books of EB, EBG, EBXA, EBXA-C, S-EBXA and EPWING formats. The servers can run as a standalone daemons by default, but can also run as children of `inetd’.
In addition, you must follow the licenses of your CD-ROM books. Though EBNETD is free software, your books may not be free. Don’t open your books to unlicensed hosts nor users.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zipcodes - Japanese zipcode tables. includes both 3/5 and 7 digits form
- Zinnia - Simple, customizable, and portable online handwriting recognition system
- Zinnia-tomoe - Handwriting recognition files for Zinnia (Tomoe data)
- Yc.el - Yet another Canna client for Emacs
- Xv - X11 program that displays images of various formats with japanization
- Xtr - Japanese text formatting processor
- Xshodou - Japanese shodou program for X based on Tcl/Tk
- Xpdf - Japanese font support for xpdf
- Xdtp - XML document transfer program
- Wwasw-fpw - Biographical dictionary (EPWING V1 format)
- Wordpress -
- Wordnet-fpw - English - English Dictionary (EPWING V1 format)
- Wnn7egg - Wnn7 elisp client
- Webalizer -
- Web1913-fpw - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) (EPWING V1 format)