- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Kanji On Console – Display kanji characters on your own console
KON2 is a program for displaying Kanji japanese characters on the console of Linux/FreeBSD. KON2 hooks the output of console and redirects to pseudo tty, drawing on the VGA display.
If KON2 would be going to something wrong, check shared-memories being loading or not. If not, add “options SYSVSHM” to /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC, and reconfigure the kernel.
Be aware that using KON2 with X is not allowed You should shutdown X first when you use KON2, and vice versa.
In order to use 30 lines default is 25, modify the “Normal” entry of kon.cfg as follows ——- VGANormal VGA 640 680 768 800 480 491 493 525 1 79 29 ——-
Checkout these related ports:
- Zipcodes - Japanese zipcode tables. includes both 3/5 and 7 digits form
- Zinnia - Simple, customizable, and portable online handwriting recognition system
- Zinnia-tomoe - Handwriting recognition files for Zinnia (Tomoe data)
- Yc.el - Yet another Canna client for Emacs
- Xv - X11 program that displays images of various formats with japanization
- Xtr - Japanese text formatting processor
- Xshodou - Japanese shodou program for X based on Tcl/Tk
- Xpdf - Japanese font support for xpdf
- Xdtp - XML document transfer program
- Wwasw-fpw - Biographical dictionary (EPWING V1 format)
- Wordpress -
- Wordnet-fpw - English - English Dictionary (EPWING V1 format)
- Wnn7egg - Wnn7 elisp client
- Webalizer -
- Web1913-fpw - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) (EPWING V1 format)