- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Compatibility library for Emacs Lisp
Compat.el is a forwards-compatibility library for GNU Emacs Lisp, versions 24.3 and newer.
The intended audience of this library aren’t day-to-day users, but package developers that wish to make use of newer functionality, not provided in older versions of Emacs, without breaking compatibility for users bound to specific Emacs releases.
Version 24.3 is chosen as the oldest version, because this is the newest version on CentOS 7. It is intended to preserve compatibility for at least as the Centos 7 reaches EOL, 2024.
Note that compat.el provides a few prefixed function, ie. functions with a compat- prefix. These are used to provide extended functionality for commands that are already defined sort, assoc, …. It might be possible to transform these into advised functions later on, so that the modified functionality is accessible without a prefix. Feedback on this point is appreciated.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zoneinfo - Updated timezone definitions
- Zine - Simple and opinionated tool to build your own magazine
- Ytree - DOS-XTREE(tm) look-a-like file manager
- Yaunc - Yet another uptimes.net client
- Xtypo - X-based keyboard trainer
- Xtar - View and manipulate contents of a tar file
- Xtail - Watches the growth of files or directories
- Xplr - Hackable, minimal, fast TUI file explorer
- Xosd - X11 on-screen-display program and library
- Xless - X11-based viewer for text files
- Xiphos - Bible interface utilizing the sword framework
- Xgboost - Scalable, Portable and Distributed Gradient Boosting (GBDT, GBRT, GBM)
- Xgas - The animated simulation of an ideal gas
- Xfce4-wm-themes - Additional themes for xfwm4
- Xfce4-weather-plugin - Weather plugin for the Xfce panel