- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Script that helps install Postscript fonts in X Window System
This is a little hack I wrote to help in setting up new Type 1 PostScript fonts for use with X. It automatically constructs the fonts.scale file which X uses to identify fonts in can use the current directory. Previously you had to write this file by hand which is unacceptable if you have lots of fonts.
The program can also generate Fontmap entries for Ghostscript which can then be put in the global Fontmap to speed up startup times and it can produce font sample sheets as well.
Please be warned that this is beta quality software and has limitations. I think you will, however, find it useful and the bugs will go away over time if people help me with it.
Reports of success or otherwise welcomed at the address below.
James Macnicol J.Macnicol@student.anu.edu.au
Checkout these related ports:
- Xorg-fonts - X.org fonts meta-port
- Xorg-fonts-type1 - X.Org Type1 fonts
- Xorg-fonts-truetype - X.Org TrueType fonts
- Xorg-fonts-miscbitmaps - X.Org miscellaneous bitmap fonts
- Xorg-fonts-cyrillic - X.Org Cyrillic bitmap fonts
- Xorg-fonts-75dpi - X.Org 75dpi bitmap fonts
- Xorg-fonts-100dpi - X.Org 100dpi bitmap fonts
- Xlsfonts - Server font list displayer for X
- Xfsinfo - X font server information utility
- Xfs - X.Org font server
- Xfontsel - Point and click selection of X11 font names
- Wqy - GNU GPL-licensed font set covering CJK and other Unicode characters
- Webfonts - TrueType core fonts for the Web
- Vollkorn-ttf - Free and healthy typeface for bread and butter use
- Victor-mono-ttf - Programming font with cursive italics and ligatures