May 26, 2018
Text/code editor typing latency analyzer
Typometer is a tool to measure and analyze visual latency of text/code editors. Its features
- Cross-platform Windows, Mac, Unix
- Native API calls for faster screen access
- Synchronous and asynchronous modes
- Import and export of CSV data
- Summary statistics, frequency distribution
- Line/bar charts including comparative ones
- Chart image export with legend
Editor latency is delay between an input event and a corresponding screen update, in particular – delay between keystroke and character appearance. While there are many kinds of delays caret movement, line editing, etc., typing latency is a major predictor of editor usability.
Java 8 or latter is required to run the program.