May 26, 2018
Portable abstraction library for DVD decryption
libdvdcss is a simple library designed for accessing DVDs like a block device without having to bother about the decryption. The important features are
- Portability. Currently supported platforms are GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, BeOS and Windows.
- The MacOS X version is being worked on as well.
- Simplicity. There are currently 7 functions in the API, and we intend to keep this number low.
- Freedom. libdvdcss is released under the General Public License, ensuring it will stay free, and used only for free software products.
- Just better. Unlike most similar projects, libdvdcss doesn’t require the region of your drive to be set.