May 26, 2018
Screen video recorder
A program that can record programs and games.
- Graphical user interface Qt-based.
- Faster than VLC and ffmpeg/avconv.
- Records the entire screen or part of it, or records OpenGL applications directly similar to Fraps on Windows.
- Synchronizes audio and video properly a common issue with VLC and ffmpeg/avconv.
- Reduces the video frame rate if your computer is too slow rather than using up all your RAM like VLC does.
- Fully multithreaded small delays in any of the components will never block the other components, resulting is smoother video and better performance on computers with multiple processors.
- Pause and resume recording at any time either by clicking a button or by pressing a hotkey.
- Shows statistics during recording file size, bit rate, total recording time, actual frame rate, ….
- Can show a preview during recording, so you don’t waste time recording something only to figure out afterwards that some setting was wrong.
- Supports many different codecs and file formats adding more is trivial.
- Can also do live streaming experimental.