May 26, 2018
Free (GPL) encoder and decoder for the yEnc Usenet file format
yencode is an encoder/decoder package for the Usenet yEnc encoding format.
The source code is freely available under the GNU General Public License and should work on most modern Unix-like operating systems.
- Full internationalization multilingual support provided by GNU gettext.
- Encoder can output single part or multipart encoded archives of any size.
- Smart decoder can handle multiple files, including files specified out of order or with nonsense file names.
- Included Usenet posting software posts files to Usenet quickly and easily, including automatic creation of encoded multipart archives and SFV/CRC checksum files, if desired.
- Optional scan mode automatically locate and decode single or multipart encoded archives in specified directories or recursively.
- Supports SFV file creation for multiple-file archives.
- Fully compliant with the current yEnc specifications.