May 26, 2018
Fast authenticated encryption CLI tool
Hpenc is a fast encryption command line tool with the following features
- Authenticated encryption - your data cannot be forged or corrupted without detection.
- Parallel processing - hpenc uses block IO and you can process multiple blocks simultaneously, which is extremely useful if you have multi-core environment.
- Strong ciphers - hpenc uses the state-of-art aes-gcm and chacha20 ciphers
- Easy interface
- Hardware acceleration - hpenc can utilize all its advanced cryptography functions defined for AES-NI and PCLMULQDQ instructions that must be supported by openssl. For those with old or embedded CPU such as ARM, hpenc provides portable and fast chacha20 cipher.
- Simple key management
- Secure random numbers generator - hpenc can work as pseudo-random numbers generator. In a set of standard tests diehard on the generated sequences hpenc generates secure sequences of pseudo-random numbers on a very high speed gigabytes per second.