May 26, 2018
Shell and scripting language for mission-critical, scalable projects
SPARforte is an open source programming language for high-integrity tasks, efficient development over the project lifecycle and assuming best practices.
- Paradigm imperative/ procedural, scripting, shell, limited reflexive
- Typing Disciplines strong typing, type safety, nominative static with optional limited weak and duck typing
- Appeared 2001 Ken O. Burtch
- Source Code GCC Ada, GCC C, Bourne-Again Shell, GCC Make
- Influenced by Ada 95, Bourne Shell, SQL, and minorly BASIC, PHP, Python
- Usual File Extensions .sp, .bush
AdaScript is intended to be “upward compatible” with Ada. AdaScript scripts should run with little difficulty under Ada, but Ada programs may require large changes run under SparForte.