May 26, 2018
dc3dd is a patched version of GNU dd to include a number of features useful for computer forensics. Many of these features were inspired by dcfldd, but were rewritten for dc3dd.
- Pattern writes. The program can write a single hexadecimal value or a text string to the output device for wiping purposes.
- Piecewise and overall hashing with multiple algorithms. Supports MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, and SHA-512.
- Progress meter with automatic input/output file size probing.
- Combined log for hashes and errors.
- Error grouping. Produces one error message for identical sequential errors.
- Verify mode. Able to hash output files and compare hashes to the acquisition hash.
- Ability to split the output into chunks with numerical or alphabetic extensions.
- Ability to write multiple output files simultaneuously.